Russian | English
Dr., Prof. Mikhail KLUPT is dean of Faculty of Humanities and professor of the department of statistics and econometrics in St.Petersburg State Economic University. He was graduated as economist (specialty “Statistics”) in Leningrad Institute of Economic and Finance in 1975. He defended his candidate dissertation “Developing Statistical Analysis of Individual and Family Life Cycle” in Leningrad Institute of Economic and Finance in 1981 and his doctoral dissertation “Statistical Analysis of Economic-demographic Change (Methodological Aspect)” in St.-Petersburg University of Economic and Finance in 1991. He has published over 150 papers and four books including Time in the Life of a Man: Demographic Aspect (Moscow, 1985); The Chronicle of Life (Moscow, 1988); Economic Measurement of Demographic Dynamics (Leningrad, 1990); Demography of the Regions of the World (St.Petersburg, 2008). His paper “Demographic Agenda of the 21th century: theories and a reality” was awarded as the best publication of Russian flagship sociological journal “Sociologicheskie issledovaniya” in nomination “the best combination of theoretical and applied potentialities of sociology” in 2010. Research interests include demography, sociology, labour market and international comparative studies.
Selection of publications
- Klupt M. Population and Procreation. Published in: Eliseeva I., Xu Anqi (eds.). Family in Russia and China. Process of Modernization. St.-Petersburg.: Nestor-Historia, 2015, pp.30-42.
- Klupt M. International Dimension of Population Policy// World Economy and International Relations (Mirovaya ekonomika i mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya), 2015. Vol.59, No. 8, pp. 5-13 (Abstract in English).
- Klupt M. Centre-Periphery Relations in Europe: Demographic Aspect. World Eсonomy and International Relations. 2015. No 2. P. 58-67 (in Russian)Summary in English
- Klupt M. Paradigms and oppositions of modern demography. Demographic Review. Peer-reviewed open access journal. 2014, N1, pp.34-56 (in Russian) Summary and References in English
- Klupt M.. Demographic change in Russia: oil narrative Sociologicheskiye issledovaniya (Sociological Studies). 2013.N5:56-66
- Klupt M. Strategic management of international labor migration in Russia: Regional aspect//Regional Research of Russia 2012, Vol.2 pp.53-60
- Klupt MA The demographic development as multialternative process : the role of the regions // Demographic development : the challenges of globalization (the seventh Valenteevskie reading). International Conference . Moscow . 15-17 November . materials. М.:2012. C.589-602
- Klupt M. New migrant communities in Russia. What does statistics reveal?// International migration of Population in the Post-Soviet Territory in the epoch of globalization. Scientific Series “International Migration of Population: Russia and Contemprorary World. Vol.26. Moscow University Press. 2012., p.41-48.
Unpublished papers and presentations
- Klupt M. Will the second demographic transition theory work in the age of multiple modernities? Paper submitted to 2013 Chaire Quetelet Seminare “Demography revisited The past 50 years, the coming 50 years” in Catholique University of Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, Nov.12-15.
- Klupt M. Low fertility: diversity under the mask of unity. Presentation of the paper submitted to the Internatiobal Conference “Low fertility and low mortality: observable reality and visions of the future”, Moscow, Oct.31-Nov.1 2013